Most people are afraid of you, and many even resent you for changing our lives so much. The first half of 2020 just whizzed by, and we’re experiencing the worst crisis the world has seen in many years.
I too was very concerned. With clients cutting their budgets, events being cancelled, overseas work opportunities being put on hold indefinitely – my income was greatly affected. I have to support my family financially and this was gonna be a problem. But constant worrying and fretting wasn’t going to solve my problems.
I needed a change of mindset and direction. My partner Jeremy and I decided to practise being grateful for the things we have – big or small, and I was determined to put my excess energy (and new-found free time) to good use by picking up cooking, sports and just taking this much-needed break. It was like a forced break, really – I’ve been working like crazy the past few years without stopping so this was something new to me.
Here are just some of the many things grateful for
1. Still having a job in this climate. Being able to connect with my listeners on air and social media means the world to me!
2. Having a loving and supportive partner who spurs me on to be a better version of myself every day (and who has become my in-house photographer HAHA).
3. Having a conducive environment to work from home when needed.
4. The IZYFOOK team coming through to emerge stronger during this pandemic.
5. Having the time to exercise more and cook healthier meals!
6. Finally catching up on TV shows!!! I literally never had the time to watch anything previously.
In these challenging times, I want you to know that you’re not alone on this journey. To you reading this right now – here’s sending you lots of love and support! Hope to see you in person soon!