Terms & Conditions
This Web Site is created, updated and maintained by NYC and DSTNCT. When any user agrees to submit content for this Web Site, the user does so on the strict legal understanding that, all such content is contributed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore. The user should either have the legal ownership to the said contributed content and/or have the legal authority granted to him by the legal owner of the said content to contribute at this Web Site. Additionally, the user who contributes content at this Web Site for the Dear Covid-19 shall complete all the fields of information details requested at the sub-page of this Web Site, where applicable. All information details and entries must be factually accurate, to the best of the user's actual knowledge.
For all content contributed to this Web Site by any and all Parties, the Parties shall grant to NYC and DSTNCT, the perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive licence to digitise, make available to third party(s) and/or members of the public via the Internet and/or successive technologies for downloading, printing and shall grant to NYC the right to reproduce and republish this Web Site's contents in any formats and platforms including print; electronic media; social media platforms; websites; publications; for internal and external uses and for non-commercial purposes. The aforestated licence grants NYC and DSTNCT the legal right to sub-licence for non-commercial use of the contents of this Web Site at NYC's sole discretion and on such terms as NYC may impose on the users.
PROHIBITED CONDUCT ('You' hereinafter refers to the users of this Web Site)
You acknowledge that the posting of your content for any period of time is sufficient consideration for the license granted herein to NYC and DSTNCT.
You agree not to do, or attempt to do, any of the following, subject to applicable law:
• access or use the Web Site in any way that violates or is not in full compliance with any applicable law, regulation, or statute, contracts, intellectual property rights or constitutes the commission of a tort, or for any purpose that is harmful or unintended (by us), or other than in full compliance with these Terms;
• alter memories, library materials or information on or obtained from the Web Site;
• tamper with content of other users;
• use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or interface not provided by us to access the Web Site or extract data or gather or use information;
• frame any part of Dear Covid-19, or otherwise make it look like you have a relationship to Dear Covid-19 for any purpose except as expressly permitted herein. NYC and DSTNCT shall reserve all legal rights to delete and take down any comments, views, opinions, statements, written notes that are deemed to be offensive against any person, individuals, organisations, groups, associations, entities, third parties whoever from this Web Site without any written explanations whatsoever to be provided by NYC or DSTNCT of the same;
• impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
• reverse engineer any aspect of the Web Site or do anything that might discover source code, or bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit access to any area, content or code of the Web Site (except as otherwise expressly permitted by law); or
• send to or otherwise impact us or Web Site (or anything or anyone else) with harmful, illegal, deceptive or disruptive code such as a virus, "spyware," "adware" or other code that could adversely impact the Web Site or any recipient.
MONITORING OF SITE CONTENT
NYC and DSTNCT are under no obligation to restrict or monitor Web Site content in any way. YOU UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT NYC AND DSTNCT DOES NOT REGULARLY MONITOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF CONTENT. Notwithstanding the foregoing, NYC and DSTNCT reserve the right to modify or remove any contents at any time. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including other users, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of Dear Covid-19. NYC and DSTNCT neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, information, or statement made on this Web Site by anyone other than authorized team acting in their official capacities.
Except as otherwise provided, the contents of this Web Site shall not be reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or otherwise distributed in any way, without the prior written permission of NYC or DSTNCT.
Modification of any Web Site contents for any other purpose will be a violation of NYC's copyright and other intellectual property rights. Graphics and images on this Web Site are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without written permission of NYC or DSTNCT.
Right of Access
NYC reserves all rights to deny or restrict access to this Web Site to any particular person, or to block access from a particular Internet address to this Web Site, at any time, without ascribing any reasons whatsoever.
Links from this Web Site to other web sites
This Web Site may contain hyperlinks to web sites which are not maintained by NYC and DSTNCT. NYC and DSTNCT are not responsible for the contents of those web sites and shall not be liable for any damages or loss arising from access to those web sites. Use of the hyperlinks and access to such web sites are entirely at your own risk.
Hyperlinks to other web sites are provided as a convenience. In no circumstances shall NYC or DSTNCT be considered to be associated or affiliated with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on web sites to which this Web Site is linked.
Links to this Web Site from other web sites
Except as set forth below, caching and links to, and the framing of this Web Site or any of the contents are prohibited.
You must secure written permission from NYC or DSTNCT prior to hyperlinking to, or framing, this Web Site or any of the contents, or engaging in similar activities. NYC and DSTNCT reserves the right to impose conditions when permitting any hyperlinking to, or framing of this Web Site or any of the memories and contents contained herein.
In no circumstances shall NYC or DSTNCT be considered to be associated or affiliated in whatever manner with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on web sites that link to this Web Site or any of the contents.
NYC and DSTNCT reserves all rights to disable any links to, or frames of any site containing inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topics, names, material or information, or material or information that violates any written law, any applicable intellectual property, proprietary, privacy or publicity rights.
NYC and DSTNCT reserves the right to disable any unauthorised links or frames and disclaims any responsibility for the content available on any other site reached by links to or from this Web Site or any of the memories and contents.
Contest Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions shall apply to the Dear Covid-19 Instagram Contest (hereafter known as #dearcovid19SG or the "Contest") Please read the terms carefully.
1. You, the Participant, hereby represent and warrant that you have read these terms and conditions. To be eligible for the contest, the Participant shall comply with the Terms and Conditions.
2. The contest is open to all Singapore citizens, permanent residents and non-Singaporeans with valid employment passes, work permits and valid student visas who are between 15-35 years of age. Employees (and their immediate families) of DSTNCT (“DSTNCT”) are not eligible to enter the Contest.
1. Eligible participants stand a chance to win the following prizes, limited to one (1) winner per day (14 Jul - 12 Sep).
2. Prize description:
• $50 Grab Food voucher, Quantity: One (1) per day
• Prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable for any other item and shall be subject to such terms and conditions, which DSTNCT may at its sole and absolute discretion, impose.
• DSTNCT is allowed to, at its sole and absolute discretion, exchange or substitute the prize to another prize of similar value without notice and without liability to any person.
• DSTNCT is allowed to, at its sole and absolute discretion, not fulfil the prize giveaway daily.
Entry Details and Selection of Winners
1. All dates and times stated in Terms and Conditions refer to the official time and date of the Republic of Singapore (GMT+8).
2. The #DearCovid19SG Contest starts from 14 Jul 2020, 8PM and ends on 12 Sep 2020, 11.59PM (“Contest Period”), unless otherwise stated.
3. Unless otherwise specified, the Contest will run on http://dearcovid19sg.com
4. The Participant is allowed to submit multiple entries on his/her Instagram or Facebook account.
5. Posts of participants who set their accounts to 'Private' mode cannot be viewed, and hence cannot be deemed submitted for judging.
6. If the Participant’s Instagram or Facebook account is terminated, suspended at any time for any reason, the Participant will be disqualified from the Contest.
7. Prizes shall be awarded daily at 12pm.
8. The winners will be contacted via Instagram or Facebook platform.
9. DSTNCT shall be entitled to use the Participant's name and comments for publicity purposes, including print, broadcast and online media.
How To Win
1. The winner will be determined by a panel of DSTNCT staff, based on the authenticity level of the Participants stories submitted in the Contest, and such other manner expressly permitted by the relevant local authorities.
2. Participants are to fulfil the following criteria: Upload a social posting on Instagram or Facebook, with a caption that explains how the Participant is feeling during circuit breaker and towards COVID-19 with the hashtag #DearCovid19SG and tag @nycsg @dstnctsg on Instagram or Facebook.
3. Notwithstanding the above, DSTNCT reserves the right to vary, modify or change such selection mechanism to comply with applicable rules, laws, regulations, and policies, with or without notice, obligation or liability. The decisions of DSTNCT shall be final and binding regarding all matters of the Contest.
Problems Affecting Contest
1. To the maximum extent permissible by law, DSTNCT shall not be liable in any way to anyone if, for any reason, any aspect of the Contest is not executed as planned, including without limitation, by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause of whatsoever nature beyond the control of DSTNCT which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. DSTNCT may, at any time and in its sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest, or invalidate any affected submissions, without being liable in any way to anyone.
2. DSTNCT retains complete discretion on which Instagram posts hashtagged #DearCovid19SG to feature on http://dearcovid19sg.com.
3. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.